Author: Kimiko Hammari
Publisher: Cedar Fort
Published Date: November 2011
Paperback; 160 pages
Genre: Religious Non-fiction
Reviewed by: Shanda
FTC FYI: free review copy in exchange for an honest review
Crazy days mean no time to plan family nights. With Choose the Right, all your Family Home Evening lessons are done for a whole year, complete with activities, games, scriptures, songs, challenges, and a CD-Rom with printable handouts! Not only are the lessons fantastic but they correlate with the 2012 Primary topics and lessons. Spend quality time with your children as you make family night the best night!
Every Monday, our family rotates who is responsible for planning Family Home Evening. My husband, two oldest daughters and I take turns planning and presenting the lesson each week. I’m always on the lookout for FHE resources that are easy to prepare, applicable to our family, and engaging for a range of ages.
Choose the Right has a lesson plan for 4 weeks of each month that go right along with the Primary manual for 2012. Each lesson presents options for resources (scriptures, songs, Gospel Art kit pictures, etc), the lesson, a variety of activities, and a challenge. The book comes with a CD from which you can print lesson material and any printables needed so you don’t have to cut up or write in the book.
What I appreciate most about Choose the Right:
- The complete lesson materials are only two or three pages long so my two youngest (four and almost three years old) are less likely to get bored
- While many of the lesson activities are great for my two youngest, the weekly challenges are more applicable to my two oldest daughters so there is something for everyone
- The FHE lessons are planned for the entire year, so my husband and I don’t have to stress about what the FHE lesson should be about from week to week
- The lessons go along with the Primary manual so what my little ones are learning in Primary is automatically being reiterated in our home
- The printables and graphics are cute!