9 days until Christmas
About Rachael: I love to read, write, and do most anything outdoors, with the exception of rock climbing and sky diving. (I have serious height phobias.) If there’s something I can do within five feet of solid ground, count me in!
* * * * *
LDSWBR: What Christmas-related activity would you like to do this year that you have never done before?
RACHAEL: Burn a Yule log. That’s always sounded like such a cool tradition but sadly, we have a gas fireplace. I guess I could think of our fake logs as an eternal Yule log, but somehow it’s not the same.
LDSWBR: If you could find one book under the tree this year, what would it be?
RACHAEL: Mmmmm . . . that’s a tough one. Maybe Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins? I’ve been wanting to read that for awhile now. (Yeah, so lame I haven’t yet.)
LDSWBR: What is your favorite childhood Christmas memory?
RACHAEL: That would have to be the year my brother wanted this really cool remote control hovercraft. Since I had to have everything he did (we sort of had this “I’m better than you are” competition thing going on), I asked for one, too. But when Christmas morning came, he ended up with the cool hovercraft and I ended up with a lame beefy tired truck. Or so I thought until we took them outside to try them out. Turned out the hovercraft didn’t like the snow so much, whereas my suddenly cool truck raced everywhere. The best part? The next day he exchanged the hovercraft for a truck like mine. Yeah, I LOVED that Christmas. :)
LDSWBR: That is too funny. Thank you, Rachael. Merry Christmas!
* * * * *
Buy Minor Adjustments by Rachael Renee Anderson
Read Mindy’s review of Minor Adjustments.
Have you ever burned a Yule log?
* * * * *
To enter the Countdown to Christmas 2011 contest, complete the following and then tell us what you did:
- **Required entry (+1) – Leave a thoughtful comment on this post. (More than just “Great contest!” please.) You must leave a comment on this post for your other entries to count. If you are reading this post through email or an RSS reader, please click through to leave a comment.
- Bonus entry (+1) – I’m not very familiar with the Yule log tradition, so today’s bonus entry is to send an email to ldswbr(at)gmail(dot)com with either your explanation of what a Yule log is, or a link to a good, concise explanation of the Yule log tradition, thus freeing me from my ignorance. :)
- Additional entries (one time +1 entry each) – 1) Subscribe to LDSWBR through email 2) Follow @LDSWBR on Twitter 3) Like LDS Women’s Book Review on Facebook (all found at the the top of the right sidebar on the LDSWBR blog). NOTE: If you already subscribe through email, follow us on Twitter, or Like us on Facebook you must tell us in a comment for the extra entries to count.
- By leaving a comment and entering the Countdown to Christmas 2011, you agree to the contest information found here.
***If you haven’t read the contest rules and info, read them here.***
Book prizes donated by their authors:
- Winners choice of Divinely Designed, Luck of the Draw, or Minor Adjustments by Rachael Renee Anderson (new addition to the prize list!)
- Winner’s choice of Secret Sisters, Dearly Departed, or Hang ’em High by Tristi Pinkston (new addition to the prize list!)
- Montana Summer by Jeanette Miller
- Ribbon of Darkness by Julie Coulter Bellon
- Not My Type by Melanie Jacobson
- Cinder & Ella by Melissa Lemon (ebook)
- Pride & Popularity by Jenni James
- The Kissing Tree by Prudence Bice
- Rearview Mirror by Stephanie Black (paperback or Kindle)
- The Next Door Boys by Jolene B. Perry
- Winner’s choice of one of the books in the Sadie Hoffmiller Culinary Mystery Series by Josi S. Kilpack (including Banana Split which will be released in February 2012)
- Seeking Persephone by Sarah M. Eden
- Obsession by Traci Hunter Abramson
- Circle of Secrets by Kimberley Griffiths Little
- Indelible by Lani Woodland and a swag bag!
- Identity by Betsy Love
- The Hainan Incident by D.M. Coffman (autographed copy)
- Count Down to Love by Julie N. Ford
- Geek Girl by Cindy C. Bennett
- The Breakup Artist by Shannen Crane Camp
- Seers by Heather Frost