2 days until Christmas
Okay, Sheila, your turn!
* * * * *
LDSWBR: What Christmas-related activity would you like to do this year that you have never done before?
SHEILA: Wow! I cant think of anything. How boring am I? I like doing all of my old favorite traditions, instead of finding new things. Watching Christmas movies, drinking hot chocolate, reading Christmas stories together and singing Christmas songs together around the piano.
LDSWBR: If you could find one book under the tree this year, what would it be?
SHEILA: Inheritance, Book #4 in the Eragon series.
LDSWBR: What is your favorite childhood Christmas memory?
SHEILA: My favorite childhood Christmas memory is the year I was 9 years old. That was the year I got the whole Little House on the Praire Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder for Christmas. I was so excited!!!! I couldn’t believe that I got the whole set just for me. Up until then, I always had to check them out from the library. (I think this is when my obsession for collecting books started! ;0)
* * * * *
Sheila’s Top Ten Reads of 2011
1. Variant by Robison Wells
2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
3. Making Rounds With Oscar by David Dosa
4. The Cross Gardner by Jason Wright
5. The Upside of Down by Rebecca Talley
6. Unwind by Neil Shusterman
7. Don’t Fear the Reaper by Michelle Muto
8. Bloodborne by Gregg Luke
9. Count Down to Love by Julie N. Ford
10. Rearview Mirror by Stephanie Black
The next 10 are right up there and so close to being in the top 10. This was a hard year to choose my favorites. There were so many I really, really liked.
What books have you read on my top ten for 2011 list?
* * * * *
To enter the Countdown to Christmas 2011 contest, complete the following and then tell us what you did:
- **Required entry (+1) – Leave a thoughtful comment on this post. (More than just “Great contest!” please.) You must leave a comment on this post for your other entries to count. If you are reading this post through email or an RSS reader, please click through to leave a comment.
- Bonus entry (+1) – Do you, or have you ever, owned the entire set of Little House on the Prairie books by Laura Ingalls Wilder? Have you read them all? Do you prefer the books or the TV show? Do you have a favorite episode? (I know, they’re all so good it’s tough to choose a fav!)
- Additional entries (one time +1 entry each) – 1) Subscribe to LDSWBR through email 2) Follow @LDSWBR on Twitter 3) Like LDS Women’s Book Review on Facebook (all found at the the top of the right sidebar on the LDSWBR blog). NOTE: If you already subscribe through email, follow us on Twitter, or Like us on Facebook you must tell us in a comment for the extra entries to count.
- By leaving a comment and entering the Countdown to Christmas 2011, you agree to the contest information found here.
***If you haven’t read the contest rules and info, read them here.***
Book prizes donated by their authors:
- Winners choice of Divinely Designed, Luck of the Draw, or Minor Adjustments by Rachael Renee Anderson
- Winner’s choice of Secret Sisters, Dearly Departed, or Hang ’em High by Tristi Pinkston
- Montana Summer by Jeanette Miller
- Ribbon of Darkness by Julie Coulter Bellon
- Not My Type by Melanie Jacobson
- Cinder & Ella by Melissa Lemon (ebook)
- Pride & Popularity by Jenni James
- The Kissing Tree by Prudence Bice
- Rearview Mirror by Stephanie Black (paperback or Kindle)
- The Next Door Boys by Jolene B. Perry
- Winner’s choice of one of the books in the Sadie Hoffmiller Culinary Mystery Series by Josi S. Kilpack (including Banana Split which will be released in February 2012)
- Seeking Persephone by Sarah M. Eden
- Obsession by Traci Hunter Abramson
- Circle of Secrets by Kimberley Griffiths Little (autographed hardcover!)
- Indelible by Lani Woodland and a swag bag!
- Identity by Betsy Love
- The Hainan Incident by D.M. Coffman (autographed copy)
- Count Down to Love by Julie N. Ford
- Geek Girl by Cindy C. Bennett
- The Breakup Artist by Shannen Crane Camp
- Seers by Heather Frost
Don’t forget to comment! Merry Christmas and happy reading!