I want to express my gratitude and appreciation for the patience of our wonderful LDSWBR readers as I mourned the sudden passing of my mom. It was incredibly difficult to lose her just three days before Christmas, but the kind words of consolation as well as the thoughts and prayers offered on behalf of my family were felt and brought comfort and peace to us through the sadness of the days following her death.
We have modified the contest rules so that entries will be accepted until 12:00 Midnight (Mountain Time) on Saturday, January 19, 2013. Winners will be announced the following week.
* * *
3 days until Christmas
Heather Frost was born in Sandy, Utah, and raised in a small Northern Utah town. She is the second oldest of ten children, and she loves her family very much. She graduated from Snow College with an associate of science, and she is currently pursuing her bachelor’s degree in English at Utah State University. Heather has always been an avid reader, and reading and writing are among her favorite things to do. She also enjoys playing the flute, listening to all types of music, and watching a wide variety of movies. She is the author of the Seers Trilogy.
* * * * *
LDSWBR: Do you top your Christmas tree with a star, angel, or something else? Does it have special meaning to you?
HEATHER: We use a star at my house–the same star that’s been used for as long as I can remember. There are colorful lights inside a gold frame; the old star matches our family tree perfectly. Lots of personality, memories, and love. It’s the most beautiful tree in the world.
LDSWBR: What is your favorite Christmas movie? Why is it your favorite?
HEATHER: I have lots of favorites, but “White Christmas” is at the top of the list. My parents forced us to watch it every year growing up, and as a kid I thought most of it was boring. But then I grew to love the songs, the story, and the spirit of Christmas the movie invites.
LDSWBR: What Christmas gift have you been most excited to give?
HEATHER: I remember years ago all of my siblings got together and bought a new Lazy-Boy chair for my dad. We hid it in the boys’ room until Christmas, because their room was such a wreck hiding a boxed up chair was a piece of cake.I think that’s honestly one of the only times we’ve ever managed to surprise Dad. It was awesome.
LDSWBR: “White Christmas” is a very popular Christmas movie! Thank you, Heather!
* * * * *
Purchase Demons (Book 2 in Seers trilogy):
Kate’s life is far from normal. She can see Auras, her boyfriend is immortal, and her powers make her a target. But now that the Demon Lord is hunting her, things are about to go from dangerous to truly deadly. Packed with action, mind-blowing plot twists, and characters you can’t get enough of, this is a fast-paced, heart-pounding read from cover to cover.
Do you have a creative hiding spot for Christmas presents?
* * * * *
To enter the LDSWBR Countdown to Christmas 2012, leave a thoughtful comment below.
Be sure to comment on each Countdown to Christmas 2012 post for more chances to win. Please click through to the website as only comments submitted directly on this post will be accepted.
Prizes include a $50 Amazon gift card and the author-donated books listed below. This is raffle-style drawing where all entries throughout the contest period are entered into the same “hat” for all prizes. US only. 18 years and older please. See all contest rules and restrictions below.
If you don’t already follow LDSWBR through email, Facebook or Twitter (those cute little book buttons on the sidebar) you may want to consider doing so during the contest so you don’t miss any posts or chances to enter the drawing. Following LDSWBR is not required but it is nice to know that our book reviews are useful to other readers.
If one of our LDSWBR reviews has ever helped you find a book you enjoyed, perhaps you would consider helping us spread the word about the LDSWBR Countdown to Christmas 2012. A link posted to your friends and family either in email or on your favorite social network would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks!
By leaving a comment and entering the Countdown to Christmas 2012, you agree to the contest rules below:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY; entrants must be 18 years or older; open to residents of continental US only; giveaway begins December 3, 2012 and all entries must be received by 12:00 Midnight December 23, 2012 Mountain Time (updated to 12:00 Midnight January 19, 2013 Mountain Time); to enter, complete the required entry on each post and any additional entries of your choice if listed; LDS Women’s Book Review reserves the right to determine what is considered a thoughtful comment as per each posts required entry; giveaway prizes include a $50 Amazon gift card and a variety of book prizes donated by featured authors; the number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning; LDS Women’s Book Review is not liable for technical problems which may affect entry into the giveaway; winner identity will be verified by email address; winner will be selected December 27, 2012 (updated to the week of January 20, 2013) by use of a sequence generator on random.org; winner will have until January 3, 2013 (updated to January 26, 2013) to claim their prize; if any prize winner forfeits or does not claim prize, prize will be re-awarded to next winner in sequence; all prizes will be awarded; limit of two prizes per entrant; this contest/giveaway is not associated with Facebook, Twitter or any other entity unless otherwise specified; by entering the giveaway you give LDS Women’s Book Review the right to publicize your name on the LDS Women’s Book Review blog; winner agrees to release LDS Women’s Book Review from any liability as a result of winning; email comments & questions to LDS Women’s Book Review – ldswbr (at) gmail (dot) com; giveaway subject to Utah regulations; VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Book Prizes (as of December 21, 2012 – more to be added to this list!)
- Tres Leches Cupcakes by Josi S. Kilpack (signed paperback copy)
- Not Your Average Fairy Tale by Chantele Sedgwick (paperback or ebook)
- Deadly Undertakings by Gregg Luke (personalized paperback)
- Turning Pages by Tristi Pinkston (personalized paperback)
- Athena by Heather B. Moore (autographed paperback)
- The Kindling by Braden Bell (paperback, signed if desired)
- Sudden Darkness by Margot Hovley (personalized paperback)
- Code Word by Traci Hunter Abramson (paperback)
- The Reluctant Bachelorette by Rachael Anderson (ebook)
- The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back by Sariah Wilson (ebook- PDF/.mobi)
- Lady Outlaw by Stacy Henrie (signed paperback)
- A Note Worth Taking by Lu Ann Staheli (Kindle)
- When Hearts Conjoin by Lu Ann Staheli (paperback)
- Paige by Annette Lyon (signed paperback)
- All Fall Down by Julie Coulter Bellon (personalized paperback)
- Smart Move by Melanie Jacobson (signed & personalized paperback)
- Shadowed by Stephanie Black (personalized paperback or ebook)
- Demons by Heather Frost (signed copy)
Previous Countdown to Christmas 2012 posts:
- 22 days until Christmas: Tres Leches Cupcakes by Josi S. Kilpack
- 21 days until Christmas: Not Your Average Fairy Tale by Chantele Sedgwick
- 20 days until Christmas: Deadly Undertakings by Gregg Luke
- 19 days until Christmas: Turning Pages by Tristi Pinkston
- 18 days until Christmas: Athena by Heather B. Moore
- 17 days until Christmas: The Kindling by Braden Bell
- 16 days until Christmas: Sunday – no post
- 15 days until Christmas: An Unlikely Match by Sarah M. Eden
- 14 days until Christmas: Sudden Darkness by Margot Hovley
- 13 days until Christmas: After Hello by Lisa Mangum
- 12 days until Christmas: Code Word by Traci Hunter Abramson
- 11 days until Christmas: The Reluctant Bachelorette by Rachael Anderson
- 10 days until Christmas: The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back by Sariah Wilson
- 9 days until Christmas: Lady Outlaw by Stacy Henrie
- 8 days until Christmas: A Note Worth Taking by Lu Ann Staheli
- 7 days until Christmas: Paige by Annette Lyon
- 6 days until Christmas: All Fall Down by Julie Coulter Bellon
- 5 days until Christmas: Smart Move by Melanie Jacobson
- 4 days until Christmas: Shadowed by Stephanie Black