Nominate a Whitney and be entered to win
one of two $25 Amazon Gift Cards!
2013 is winding down and it’s time to get those last minute Whitney Award nominations in! Because we at NewLDSFiction.com and at LDSWomensBookReview.com love and support LDS fiction authors and the Whitney Awards, we’ve put together a fun little November Nomination Challenge to encourage everyone to nominate a qualifying book for a Whitney Award before the holidays get into full swing.
What’s a Whitney Award? It’s an annual award for novels written by LDS authors. Awards are given in eight different genre categories, plus three Best Novel categories. To be considered for an award, a book must be nominated by five readers.
Who can nominate a book for a Whitney Award? Almost anyone. You must be over 12 years old, have read the book, and not have any financial stake in the success of the book. (Example: Authors and publishers cannot nominate their own books, but their mothers can.)
Then what happens? Any book that receives five nominations is added to the genre list. Those books are read by a group of Whitney judges. The judges narrow the list down to five finalists, which are voted on by the entire Whitney Academy.
Here’s how the November Nomination Challenge works:
- Nominations must be for qualified titles. (See qualifications here.)
- Nominations must be made November 15–30, 2013.
- You must have read the book yourself and honestly believe it deserves a 4 or 5 star review to nominate it. This is NOT a “nominate your friends” contest. (We’re on the honor code here. Remember, we’re LDS and we believe in being honest…)
- Click here to nominate the book. Then come back and enter the information in the Rafflecopter form below. One entry per title, limit six titles.
- Earn extra entries by helping to spread the word. (You can do this once a day.)
Use http://bit.ly/1iefolv to send friends to LDS Women’s Book Review
Use http://bit.ly/1brxc69 to send friends to New LDS Fiction
(Note: You must nominate at least one Whitney to unlock the Spread the Word entries.
- Winners will be chosen at random the first week of December and announced on both sites.
- The Rafflecopter form is the same on both sites, so you only need to input your entries at one site.
- See fine print and disclaimer for this contest below the Rafflecopter form
To win this card, enter below:
*We will verify that a qualifying nomination was made before awarding the prizes, however, your privacy regarding what book(s) you nominated will be protected.
Disclaimer: As avid readers of LDS fiction, Karlene, Shanda, Sheila, Mindy and Hillary have votes on the Whitney Academy. However, this is our personal contribution to an organization we support. We have not been asked by the Whitney Awards to run this contest, nor have any prizes been provided for us. It’s all done on our time and our dime.
***NO PURCHASE NECESSARY; entrants must be 18 years or older; open to residents of continental US only; giveaway begins November 15, 2013 and all entries must be received by 12:00 Midnight November 30, 2013 Mountain Time; to enter, read a book by an LDS author published in 2013 and, if you consider it a four or five star book worthy of Whitney Award consideration, nominate it using the nomination form on whitneyawards.com/wordpress