I want to express my gratitude and appreciation for the patience of our wonderful LDSWBR readers as I mourned the sudden passing of my mom. It was incredibly difficult to lose her just three days before Christmas, but the kind words of consolation as well as the thoughts and prayers offered on behalf of my family were felt and brought comfort and peace to us through the sadness of the days following her death.
We have modified the contest rules so that entries will be accepted until 12:00 Midnight (Mountain Time) on Saturday, January 19, 2013. Winners will be announced the following week.
* * *
2 days until Christmas
Jenni James is a busy mom of seven children. When she’s not chasing them around the house, she writing and dreaming about writing her next book. She has two series out: The Jane Austen Diaries as well as her Faerie Tale Collection. (Pride & Popularity, Persuaded, Northanger Alibi, Emmalee, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Rumplestiltskin)
* * * * *
LDSWBR: Do you top your Christmas tree with a star, angel, or something else? Does it have special meaning to you?
JENNI: Usually an angel tops my tree. But I have three trees, so it depends on which one. My favorite is the simplistic country themed angel that adorns the top of our big family tree with all the handmade ornaments from the kids. So, so sweet. I’ve had people offer to buy her from me and I always tell them no.
LDSWBR: What is your favorite Christmas movie? Why is it your favorite?
JENNI: Oh, man! By far my favorite Christmas movie is Alan Menken’s A Christmas Carol with Kelsey Grammar as Scrooge! It is so well done. The music is uplifting and amazing–just breath-taking. And if I ever direct theater for adults (I specialize in children’s theater) it will be this musical I do.
LDSWBR: What Christmas gift have you been most excited to give?
JENNI: I was really excited about the 4 tiaras i was presenting to my four daughters this year. The 2-yr-old had a rhinestone headband in the shape of hearts, while the oldest, my 14-yr-old, had a large one. So, so pretty and so much fun. :)
LDSWBR: Thank you, Jenni!
* * * * *
Will he take her back, or fling her aside like she deserves?
Three years ago, Amanda made the biggest mistake of her life, she let her friends persuade her to reject the guy she loved. They were convinced he was a loser and wasn’t good enough for her.
Now Gregory’s back in Farmington . . . taller, stronger, hotter than ever, and worth millions. Those gorgeous girls who snubbed him before are now falling at his feet, and he’s enjoying every moment of it.
Can he see past the pain Amanda caused him and give her a second chance? Or will she forever regret losing the only guy who truly loved her?
Do you ever decorate your tree in themes?
* * * * *
To enter the LDSWBR Countdown to Christmas 2012, leave a thoughtful comment below.
Be sure to comment on each Countdown to Christmas 2012 post for more chances to win. Please click through to the website as only comments submitted directly on this post will be accepted.
Prizes include a $50 Amazon gift card and the author-donated books listed below. This is raffle-style drawing where all entries throughout the contest period are entered into the same “hat” for all prizes. US only. 18 years and older please. See all contest rules and restrictions below.
If you don’t already follow LDSWBR through email, Facebook or Twitter (those cute little book buttons on the sidebar) you may want to consider doing so during the contest so you don’t miss any posts or chances to enter the drawing. Following LDSWBR is not required but it is nice to know that our book reviews are useful to other readers.
If one of our LDSWBR reviews has ever helped you find a book you enjoyed, perhaps you would consider helping us spread the word about the LDSWBR Countdown to Christmas 2012. A link posted to your friends and family either in email or on your favorite social network would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks!
By leaving a comment and entering the Countdown to Christmas 2012, you agree to the contest rules below:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY; entrants must be 18 years or older; open to residents of continental US only; giveaway begins December 3, 2012 and all entries must be received by 12:00 Midnight December 23, 2012 Mountain Time (updated to 12:00 Midnight January 19, 2013 Mountain Time); to enter, complete the required entry on each post and any additional entries of your choice if listed; LDS Women’s Book Review reserves the right to determine what is considered a thoughtful comment as per each posts required entry; giveaway prizes include a $50 Amazon gift card and a variety of book prizes donated by featured authors; the number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning; LDS Women’s Book Review is not liable for technical problems which may affect entry into the giveaway; winner identity will be verified by email address; winner will be selected December 27, 2012 (updated to the week of January 20, 2013) by use of a sequence generator on random.org; winners will have until January 3, 2013 (updated to January 26, 2013) to claim their prize; if any prize winner forfeits or does not claim prize, prize will be re-awarded to next winner in sequence; all prizes will be awarded; limit of two prizes per entrant; this contest/giveaway is not associated with Facebook, Twitter or any other entity unless otherwise specified; by entering the giveaway you give LDS Women’s Book Review the right to publicize your name on the LDS Women’s Book Review blog; winner agrees to release LDS Women’s Book Review from any liability as a result of winning; email comments & questions to LDS Women’s Book Review – ldswbr (at) gmail (dot) com; giveaway subject to Utah regulations; VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Book Prizes (as of December 21, 2012 – more to be added to this list!)
- Tres Leches Cupcakes by Josi S. Kilpack (signed paperback copy)
- Not Your Average Fairy Tale by Chantele Sedgwick (paperback or ebook)
- Deadly Undertakings by Gregg Luke (personalized paperback)
- Turning Pages by Tristi Pinkston (personalized paperback)
- Athena by Heather B. Moore (autographed paperback)
- The Kindling by Braden Bell (paperback, signed if desired)
- Sudden Darkness by Margot Hovley (personalized paperback)
- Code Word by Traci Hunter Abramson (paperback)
- The Reluctant Bachelorette by Rachael Anderson (ebook)
- The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back by Sariah Wilson (ebook- PDF/.mobi)
- Lady Outlaw by Stacy Henrie (signed paperback)
- A Note Worth Taking by Lu Ann Staheli (Kindle)
- When Hearts Conjoin by Lu Ann Staheli (paperback)
- Paige by Annette Lyon (signed paperback)
- All Fall Down by Julie Coulter Bellon (personalized paperback)
- Smart Move by Melanie Jacobson (signed & personalized paperback)
- Shadowed by Stephanie Black (personalized paperback or ebook)
- Demons by Heather Frost (signed copy)
- Pride and Popularity by Jenni James (paperback)
- Northanger Alibi by Jenni James (paperback)
- Persuaded by Jenni James (paperback)
- Emmalee by Jenni James (paperback)
- **Bonus Prize** Of Grace and Chocolate by Krista Lynn Jensen (paperback)
Previous Countdown to Christmas 2012 posts:
- 22 days until Christmas: Tres Leches Cupcakes by Josi S. Kilpack
- 21 days until Christmas: Not Your Average Fairy Tale by Chantele Sedgwick
- 20 days until Christmas: Deadly Undertakings by Gregg Luke
- 19 days until Christmas: Turning Pages by Tristi Pinkston
- 18 days until Christmas: Athena by Heather B. Moore
- 17 days until Christmas: The Kindling by Braden Bell
- 16 days until Christmas: Sunday – no post
- 15 days until Christmas: An Unlikely Match by Sarah M. Eden
- 14 days until Christmas: Sudden Darkness by Margot Hovley
- 13 days until Christmas: After Hello by Lisa Mangum
- 12 days until Christmas: Code Word by Traci Hunter Abramson
- 11 days until Christmas: The Reluctant Bachelorette by Rachael Anderson
- 10 days until Christmas: The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back by Sariah Wilson
- 9 days until Christmas: Lady Outlaw by Stacy Henrie
- 8 days until Christmas: A Note Worth Taking by Lu Ann Staheli
- 7 days until Christmas: Paige by Annette Lyon
- 6 days until Christmas: All Fall Down by Julie Coulter Bellon
- 5 days until Christmas: Smart Move by Melanie Jacobson
- 4 days until Christmas: Shadowed by Stephanie Black
- 3 days until Christmas: Demons by Heather Frost